- You are here:
- News & Resources
- TRG Announces Enterprise Mobility Capabilities, Launches TRG Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
News & Resources
TRG Launches TRG Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
Westlake, OH – January 11, 2019 – Technology Recovery Group (“TRG”) is pleased to announce the launch of its newest service offering, TRG Mobility as a Service (“MaaS”), the most comprehensive enterprise mobility lifecycle management solution designed for business.
TRG MaaS combines “on-demand” hardware, services and analytics into one simple, predictable monthly payment. Pricing is tiered based on selected services, but regardless of level, includes real-time reporting and analytics via TRG’s proprietary online portal, ServiceHub.
Representative TRG MaaS Packages
TRG MaaS will provide customers with a variety of benefits, including:
- Lower TCO, Higher ROI
- Simple, predictable payments that match any organization’s capital strategy
- Cash flow available to invest in revenue-generating initiatives
- Adjust devices and services based on changing workplace or workforce needs
- Get technology to market faster with minimal risk or investment
- Avoid large capital costs and lengthy approval processes
- Stay focused on core business objectives and higher-priority IT initiatives
- Shorten product lifecycles and benefit from efficiencies in new technology
- Peace of mind
- Mitigate reliability, security and scalability risks associated with legacy equipment
- Fully managed support offers protection around the clock and avoids costly downtime
- Leverage ServiceHub to access insightful and predictive analytics across all devices in the asset pool
- Identify, address and prevent potential issues to improve efficiency, revenue and market share
“Across almost all products and industries, we’re witnessing a generational shift from ownership to everything as an on-demand service (XaaS),” said TRG President Sean Kennedy. “Leading enterprise organizations recognize the XaaS opportunity has extended beyond the cloud to every corner of their business, and we’re excited to bring this concept to our customers.”
TRG is uniquely positioned to bring this capability to market:
- In-house financing – TRG’s relationship with financing partner River Capital provides the greatest flexibility in deal pricing and terms as financing is provided to support TRG and its customers, not generate fees for River Capital
- Single source – TRG serves as a one-stop-shop, single point contact for purchasing, invoicing and ultimately accountability
- Agnostic – Because of the breadth of its offerings, TRG is vendor and solution agnostic, providing tailored solutions across OEM and service type
- Systems – ServiceHub allows for real-time access to equipment analytics, regardless of OEM, and is capable of API integration with other leading device management systems
- Scale – TRG maintains service centers across North America and Europe with 60+ highly skilled technicians on-staff
Mark Cimino and Chad Nordby have joined the company to lead TRG’s Enterprise Mobility team.
Mr. Cimino, TRG’s Vice President of Enterprise Mobility Services, brings over 20 years of IT VAR and managed mobility experience. Prior to joining TRG, he served as a senior executive with Cleveland-based MCPc and Vox Mobile.
“TRG has proven its expertise in the ‘back-of-the-house,’” said Mr. Cimino. “I’m excited to bring these capabilities to the front-of-the-house and expand the value that TRG can provide to its customers.”
Mr. Nordby, TRG’s Director of Enterprise Mobility Partnerships, has extensive experience in mobility program and channel development, having previously worked at Vox Mobile and GEMA International (“Global Enterprise Mobility Alliance”).
“TRG is one of the few companies that truly provides a complete, end-to-end solution,” said Mr. Nordby. “The range of services and footprint of service centers is second-to-none, and I’m excited about what’s to come.”
TRG has experienced double digit year-over-year growth for more than 10 years by providing the most comprehensive suite of products and services to the mobile computing and barcode printing industry. From selling and servicing new or refurbished equipment to providing staging, configuration and deployment services to buying back customers’ legacy equipment – TRG has served as a complete, one-stop solution for its customers’ mobility needs, and the company is thrilled to expand its service offerings yet again.
“From the very beginning, TRG has grown to meet the needs of our customers,” said Mr. Kennedy. “This is yet another example of that evolution.”
The launch of TRG MaaS comes at a time when the company has already seen tremendous growth and expansion beyond “back-of-the-house” applications. In July, TRG announced an in-house key injection facility, 40k square foot Retail Deployment center and the launch of TRG Payment Solutions. In September, the company announced it had established an in-house media and consumables team, and in November, announced the opening of a Solutions Showcase featuring more than 75 barcode scanners, mobile computers, printers and POS systems from 20+ manufacturers. In total, TRG has hired more than 50 new employees in the last 12 months and experienced more than 30% growth over 2017.
To learn more about TRG MaaS, visit www.trgrepair.com/trg-mobility-as-a-service-maas/.
About Technology Recovery Group
Technology Recovery Group (TRG) is the leading hardware, software, and solutions provider in the mobile computing, barcode, POS and payment processing industries. Based in Westlake, Ohio, TRG provides the most comprehensive suite of products and services across all lifecycle stages and equipment types. From warehouse to register and deployment to retirement, TRG is vendor and solution agnostic, developing tailored solutions that meet each customer’s unique requirements and ultimately increase productivity, extend equipment life and maximize overall ROI. Learn more about why The Difference is Us at www.trgrepair.com.
 TRG and River Capital are members of the TruWest organization, a family-owned holding company based in Westlake, Ohio.